Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stop and Breathe

I'm sitting here being a little overwhelmed (or maybe a lot) by the 101 tasks I need to accomplish this morning and the 99 world problems to solve. It seemed like an opportune moment to write a blog post.

I just read Isaiah 51:6 which says, "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but My salvation shall be for ever, and My righteousness shall not be abolished." (KJV) Basically, I'm being reminded once again that this life won't last forever. This life is not all there is. One day I'm going to wake up in Heaven and the things I did or did not accomplish here won't really matter. What will matter is what I did for the Lord in the time He gave me.

So if you've been freaking out and stressing over something you need to get done, I invite you to take a step back from it and remember how to breathe. Read a Psalm, eat some food. (Especially if you accidentally skipped breakfast like I did.) Your life and everything in it will work out in God's way and in His timing. Obviously we still have to be the ones to put in effort, but it's okay and often very relieving to take a step back once in a while and say, "You know what? God's got this."



2 comments:

  1. Perfect thing to read as I am currently stressing a little about the thousand things that need to get done in the next few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped you, Claire! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!

      Delete