Friday, April 15, 2016

It's Okay

I didn't get the job. 

But the funny thing is, I'm really not nearly as upset as I thought I would be. Yeah, I'm disappointed, but I can already see good things coming of me not being accepted. I'm behind in school, but I really want to graduate next year. I can devote more time to studying in the summer without a job. I would have missed my friend's senior piano recital (which I may still miss, but for other reasons...) and the graduation of several of my childhood friends. These are just a few reasons that God has shown me for keeping me here, instead of where I thought He wanted me.

And really, I'm okay with it. 

If I can bring more glory to my God by staying home all summer and not working, so be it. I said in an earlier blog post that I want this to be my year of surrender. I've already been tested several times even though we're still in the first half of 2016, and I guess this is just another test. 

Some wise words from the fabulous Disney movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium come to mind: "We must face tomorrow, whatever it may hold, with determination, joy, and bravery." 

I fall. I mess up, more often than I'd like to admit. I don't always trust. But it's okay. God knows we can't be perfect.

That's why God gives grace. I think it's got to be just about the most beautiful gift He has given to His broken creation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment