Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Travelling And Other Stuff

I sort of have an excuse for being gone so long this time.

I did a lot of travelling this year, way more than I've ever done. I visited six states, four of which I hadn't been to before. It was all a pretty awesome experience. I met one of my closest friends in person for the first time, so that was more than kind of epic. All in all, I had way too much fun and I found that along with loving the idea of travel, I also love to actually do it.

I learned a lot. It's extremely easy to get lost in an airport. (Or at least it is easy for me.) Texas has a lot more palm trees than I expected. Michiganders are not as immune to the cold as they've tried to lead the world to believe.

But mostly, God just proved over and over again that He is awesome, and He is enough. Life hasn't been particularly easy. I kind of wanted to just forget about my life here and have new experiences and meet new people and pretend I didn't have a swarm of problems that were waiting to pounce on me as soon as I laid down at night. But the fact is, my life didn't want to leave me alone, and my problems followed me. But so did God. He didn't leave me to deal with things by myself. He didn't stay behind when I left home. He came with me, and He put awesome people in my path to help me and encourage me when all I wanted to do was melt into a puddle of tears. Did He have to do that? No. But He did, because He's good and He loves me.

No matter what you're going through right now, God knows about it. And He's not going to leave you to deal with it alone. Keep seeking Him. He can bring amazing blessings along when you least expect it and when you most need it. Don't give up on Him, because He'll never give up on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment